The DeQuincy Railroad Museum is proud to have in its possession a 1913 Steam Locomotive, a 1947 Pullman Passenger Car and 2 cabooses. All are located on the museum grounds under a covered pavillion.
Steam Locomotive No. 124 built in 1913 for the Southern Pacific Railroad. Purchased by the City of DeQuincy in 1975 for display at the museum.
Passenger Car No. 4472 built for the Santa Fe Railroad by the Pullman-Standard Company in 1947. It is a 44-seat coach car, 85 feet in length with two restrooms and two lounges and is currently undergoing an interior renovation.
Caboose No. SSW2 originally built by the International Car Company for the St. Louis-Southwestern Railroad (the Cotton Belt) which was a subsidiary of the Southern Pacific Railroad. It is known as an extended vision caboose due to the enlarged and overhanging cupola which gave the conductor a better view of the train ahead of him.
Caboose No. 13487 is located behind the steam locomotive and is a Missouri Pacific caboose built in 1950 donated to the museum in 1984 by the Union Pacific and Western Pacific Railroads.
There is a veranda on the west side of the museum where passengers used to wait for the train outside. It now houses a display of antique luggage and freight carts.
Copyright 2011 DeQuincy Railroad Museum. All rights reserved.